Facil North-America is currently looking for a Fastener Engineer to support our team in Charlotte.
As part of an international team you are the central point of contact for the customer.
Your main tasks are:
- Central point of contact for customers in daily operations. Coordinate and support:
- fastener related issues and assist customers in solving joint problems
- development of fastener applications
- customer technical objectives
- cost and lead time information for technical changes or projects
- customer fastener release process (functional builds, CAD data, ….)
- Support the customer with value added value engineering (VA/VE) initiatives
- Coordinate and support the Bill of Material for internal and external customers (part count – standardization – reporting – …)
- Coordinate and support line walks, development of parts, best in class fixing, assembly time reduction, …
- Promote and investigate new technologies of suppliers for customers
Depending on the assignment or project, on-site support can be required at customer / Facil branches.
Additionally you will give technical support to other Facil teams and Facil processes, tools and systems. An active participation or project leader role will be your challenge in different projects.
You are also responsible for monthly reporting of all above facts & figures in line with customer and management requirements.
You will report directly to the onsite Branch Manager and to the Engineering Manager in Twinsburg.
- Master or bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or equal by experience
- Several years of engineering experience, preferably in the automotive sector
- Good mechanical knowledge, material knowledge and fastener knowledge is required
- Knowledge of the automotive quality standards is a plus (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, G8D)
- Experience with a CAD software tool is nice to have
- Project experience and experienced to work in cross functional international teams is a plus
- Customer focus, good communication and interpersonal skills are key to succeed
- Team player & ability to work independently
- Used to working with deadlines & flexible mind-set
- Pro-active, solution oriented and persistent
Working for an international dynamic company attracts you?
Solving technical issues and customer contacts gives you energy?
Then this is the perfect job for you!
Besides an international atmosphere with lots of growing opportunities, Facil offers a training program based upon your individual competences and an attractive remuneration package.
We are interested in talking to ambitious and suitable candidates.
To apply, please submit and send your updated CV, mentioning the function you are applying for, to email@example.com