Facil NA is looking for a fastener engineer to support their branch in Charlotte, North Carolina.
As part of an international team you are the central point of contact for the customer.
Your main tasks are
- Manage and support fastener related issues and assist the customer in solving joint problems
- Manage and support the development of fastener applications
- Manage and support customer technical objectives
- Manage and support cost and timing information
- Manage and support the customer fastener release process
- Manage and follow up of a new project development plans and ensure the project proceeds as scheduled including communication to customer and team about the progress and status
- Support bill of material part count – propose standardization possibilities – reporting of simplified bill of material cost
- Depending on assignment or project, on-site support can be required at customer/Facil branches
Additionally you will support the other Facil departments with your technical expertise: Purchase, Sales, Quality, and Logistic Department.
An active participation or project leader role will be your challenge in different projects. You will also provide technical support in case of new programs and/or new customers.
You will coordinate, follow up and support the technical cost reductions across the different branches and product platforms.
You are in charge of all open issues and improvement proposal given by customer or management in relation to your project.
You are also responsible for monthly reporting of all above facts & figures in line with customer and management requirements.
You will report directly to the engineering manager.
Working together with your international colleagues and different customers will make your job challenging and successful.
- Master or bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or equal by experience
- Several years of engineering experience, preferably in automotive sector is a plus
- Fastener knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of the automotive quality standards is a plus (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, G8D)
- Project experience and experienced to work in cross functional international teams is a plus
- Customer focus, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player & ability to work independently
- Used to working with deadlines & flexible mind-set
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Flexible in work time and prepared to travel within Europe
Are you interested in working and growing in an international environment? Facil is the company for you!
Besides an international atmosphere with lots of growing opportunity Facil offers a training program based upon your individual competences.
An attractive remuneration package is available and we are interested in talking to ambitious and suitable candidates.
To apply, please submit and send your updated CV, mentioning the function you are applying for, to email@example.com