Facil Europe is currently looking for a Surface Treatment (coating) Expert.
Depending on your country of residence, you will be located in Belgium, France, Spain, Germany or Sweden.
As a Surface Treatment Expert you will be the global technical expert for surface treatment (metal painting/plating/coating/phosphating) of (automotive) fasteners.
With your expertise you will help the other departments (quality, engineering, purchasing, sales, business development and marketing) to lead the development of the surface treatment processes of suppliers and sub-suppliers and monitor their quality control processes.
You will be responsible for selecting, developing and managing the surface treatment supplier base and efficiently evaluate and audit the surface treatment (sub)suppliers. You will be travelling approx. 50% of your time, from which approx. 70% in Europe and the rest in North-America and Asia.
In case of quality or application problems you will provide technical knowledge to the global operational teams (Europe/North America/Asia) and lead the problem-solving process.
You will take the technical lead in Facil’s blank sourcing project and will support the organization accomplishing the project milestones.
As technique interests you and you are eager to learn, you will be flexible to explore new developments in surface treatment to support new customers and market needs across the globe.
You will advise internal and external partners, customers and suppliers about innovations, new product and market developments. As you are the center of expertise in your field you will record and transfer your experience and knowledge within the different teams by developing and organizing regular training programs. While doing so you combine a theoretical approach with a pragmatic mind-set.
You will be working as a member of the corporate quality & engineering team and will be reporting to the Vice President Quality & Engineering.
- You have an engineering (chemical, physical, industrial, electromechanical or mechanical) degree or equivalent by experience.
- You have thorough knowledge and experience in the field of surface treatment processes and products and corrosion tests preferably for automotive components. Practical development, process knowledge and production experience are required.
- Experience with plating/coating system assessment (CQI-11, CQI-12) is a plus.
- Experience with 6-sigma, problem solving and automotive core tools is a plus.
- You are interested to explore new technical fields.
- You like travelling, up to 50% of your time from which approx. 70% in Europe.
- Thanks to your strong communication skills and good knowledge of English, you excel at teamwork and are strong in gathering, documenting and sharing your knowledge and experience with others.
- You are an independent, perseverant and systematic worker with a goal-oriented and analytical mind-set.
Are you interested in exploring new technical fields? Do you like travelling? Do you have strong communication skills?
And are you ready for an interesting and challenging function in a growing international environment?
Then this is the perfect job for you!
Besides our international atmosphere, growth opportunities and individual training plan based on your competences, we also offer an attractive remuneration package.
To apply, please submit and send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org