Facil is a full-service provider (FSP) for fastening solutions towards the car, truck, bus and related industries. Facil offers comprehensive services for engineering, quality, purchasing, assembly solutions and logistics. Customers use Facil’s service from the early concept phase throughout the product’s entire lifecycle. With its concept, Facil provides innovative fastening technology and services for millions of cars and trucks every year, minimizing complexity and costs across the entire fastener and C-parts value chain. This expertise in fasteners and our commitment to sustainability makes Facil an ideal partner for organizations active in the automotive sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Together with your direct reports, the Quality & Engineering Managers and their local teams in Europe, North America and Asia you play an active role in the definition, certification, implementation, safeguarding and improvement of the quality processes ensuring product and service process quality in line with customer requirements.
- Ensuring a sustainable compliant and robust Facil Management System (FMS) is key. You validate local implementation of the global processes and you make sure the systems are alive within the organization; you track and analyze key performance and quality indicators/metrics. You act upon observations and trends.
- Overseeing the internal and external system audits. You support the regional teams on corrective actions and you make sure the quality handbooks are kept up-to-date.
- Being the frontrunner in Facil’s Quality 4.0 objectives. Harnessing the technologies and processes of today to manifest the future organizational excellence involving the integration of digital technologies and data analytics.
- Supporting business development as well as the regional teams in the negotiation and the launch of new business.
- Supporting the purchasing department in defining the supplier quality requirements and overseeing the global SQA performance with the regional Quality Managers.
- Coordinating the migration of the quality processes into the new SAP ERP system.
- Keeping your eyes open for new trends and initiatives in the quality domain and continuously look for ways to lift the Facil quality system onto a higher level.
- Managing 2 local direct reports and in total a team of about 30 quality professionals in the Belgian headquarters and in the branches throughout Europe, North America and Asia.
- You’re a member of the global management team, you work out of the Belgian HQ and you report to the Managing Director of Facil FSP.
- Bright and energetic individual, master education and passionate about quality process control
- At least 5 years of experience in a quality responsibility, preferably in an international environment and within the automotive sector
- You have experience in people management and you have strong soft skills. You inspire internal employees and you are a smooth communicator internally and externally.
- Knowledge of relevant quality standards, especially IATF 16949, familiarity and good understanding of the FMEA methodology
- Analytical, a strong business acumen and an equally strong common sense
- High degree of resilience and mental flexibility
- Fluency in English (other languages are an asset)
- Travel is a plus to you rather than a burden (regular business trips)
- Experience with SAP system is a plus
Would you like to work in a highly professional international and multi-cultural environment? A positive, no-nonsense ‘can do’ and ‘let’s do’ company culture in which learning and development are highly stimulated. Are you ready to share your entrepreneurial ideas and grow together with us?
Then Facil is the company for you! Besides an international atmosphere with lots of growth opportunities, Facil offers a training program based on your competencies. An interesting responsibility remunerated with an attractive salary package is available.