Facil pioneered the full-service concept for automotive fastening technologies. Our services span the early concept and design phase throughout the product’s entire lifecycle, allowing us to minimize the complexity and costs across the entire fastener and C-parts value chain. We are always looking for passionate, talented people to become part of our Global Facil Family. Our dedicated team of Fasteneers are entrepreneurial, highly motivated by change and innovation, and focused on connecting with the dreams of our customers to consistently deliver the highest value possible at all times.
For our Engineering Services team we’re looking for a Surface Treatment (Coating) Engineer located in Genk, Belgium. The main purpose of the position is to be the company's global interface for the Surface Treatment expertise. You will manage the development of our Surface Treatment suppliers, co-lead the Surface Treatment test lab and support other departments as a subject matter expert.
What you will be doing
Surface treatment supplier development:
- Managing the development from our Surface Treatment suppliers from A to Z: kickoff, schedule, coordinate, audit, report and follow up.
- Auditing the Surface Treatment Suppliers (Process and QMS) and determine if they continue to meet our customers’ technical and process requirements.
- Reviewing performance, identify gaps and opportunities around the processes, define corrective/ preventive actions, and follow up the deployment by our suppliers.
- You will do this in close cooperation with our internal and external customers to assure customer requirements are met.
- Assisting with internal system Audits as part of the internal Quality management system schedule.
- You like travelling, in average up to 25% of your time whereof the majority in Europe.
Surface treatment test lab:
- You will be the European central point of contact and subject matter expert for Surface Treatment testing and validation services that we offer to our internal and external customers.
- Setting up and maintain the Surface Treatment laboratory equipment, including inventory, calibration, and order history.
- Managing and performing Surface Treatment fastener related testing in the laboratory and/or manage the outsourcing of the testing with external partners if required.
- Providing detailed reporting of the test results and analysis.
- Leading/supporting strategic projects related to the future of the global laboratory.
- Building a network within Surface Treatment to support the external sales of the Surface Treatment testing and validation services.
Coating product knowledge:
- Working closely with our fastener engineers, as well as directly with the customers’ engineering team members, regarding Surface Treatment-related issues and joint problems, product development, and testing.
- As new technologies interest you and as you are eager to learn, you will be flexible to explore new developments in surface treatment to support new customers and market needs across the globe.
- You will advise internal and external partners, customers and suppliers about innovations, new products, and market developments. As you are the centre of expertise in your field you will record and transfer your experience and knowledge within the different teams by developing and organizing regular training programs.
Who we are looking for:
- Engineering degree (chemical, physical, industrial, mechanical or materials) or equivalent by experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the field of surface treatment (plating/coating) processes and products.
- Knowledge in relevant quality and lab standards (e.g., ISO 17025, ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, etc.).
- Prior experience with Plating/Coating System assessments (CQI-11, CQI-12) is a plus.
- Previous exposure to automotive component corrosion tests is plus.
- Metallurgic knowledge is a plus.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills. Manage multiple projects simultaneously and perform to a high standard of accuracy within the deadlines.
- Independent, perseverant, able to take initiative and where appropriate work with the minimum of supervision.
- Systematic worker with the ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex information and apply with a pragmatic mind-set.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with a cross-functional team, customers, and suppliers.
- Strong in gathering, documenting, and sharing your knowledge and experience with others.
- Competent in MS Office applications.
If you are a passionate, talented professional looking for a great career move and a company that continually fosters and innovates upon the entrepreneurial spirit, it is time to look at joining Facil’s Global Family.