Facil Engineering Services is looking for an Engineering Manager located in Portland, Oregon (NA).
You will lead and assume full responsibility for all functional and budgetary activities of the N.A. Engineering Services Division function. You will have the general overall responsibility of the Engineering functions relative to design and technical support. This position will have accountability to represent the organization with key customer interface and critical needs to the business markets.
Your main responsibilities:
- Follow the responsibilities and participation/support roles as defined by the organizational chart
- Lead the management of the Engineering Services Division’s activities in North America and be responsible for achieving specific KPI-targets linked to these activities:
- Application engineering activities such as cost/weight saving projects, new product consulting, complexity reduction, BOM analyses, application engineering escalation support, input in FacilParts, drawing approval process
- Program management activities such as customer programs/projects and resident engineering in close collaboration with the Global Engineering Manager
- Training of team members
- Co-lead the management of engineering services activities in N.A. and support achieving specific KPI-targets in own region linked to these activities:
- Business development support
- Core engineering activities such as joint calculation/validation, CAD drawings, product consulting, accredit testing in laboratories
- Engineering tools and process activities such as internal optimization projects/continuous improvement of engineering processes and tools
- Lead the customer contacts for the Engineering Services Division in N.A.
- Escalate market and organizational needs and opportunities to the managing director and work on continuous improvement projects to adapt to the changing and challenging environment
- Implement and maintain 5S
You will report directly to the Managing Director Engineering Services who is based in Belgium.
- Education: master’s degree (engineering, etc.) or equal by experience
- Professional experience: at least 5 years in an Engineering Manager role or Project Management environment preferably in the automotive sector
- Product knowledge: excellent knowledge of the main fastener-related technologies preferred for the main commodities
- Process knowledge: knowledge of relevant quality standards. Act according to the relevant quality standards and the company management system (ISO 9001, IATF16949, ISO 14001 and others where applicable). Design FMEA methodology (risk of designing)
- Language skills: company language is English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Computer skills: good knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Analytical skills: strong analytical and organization skills. Ability to make correct evaluations of problem situations and ability to take rapid reactions
- Other skills: ability to inspire, coach and develop people; ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment; good prioritizing skills; strong communication, interpersonal and reporting skills; strong customer focus (internal and external); able to set up and maintain long-term relationships with suppliers and customers in a B2B environment; attention to confidentiality and integrity; mental flexibility
- Personality: team player and able to work independently; mature and emotionally balanced; positive attitude and change agent
- Flexibility/mobility: flexibility in working time and working schedule
Are you attracted to a positive, no-nonsense ‘can do’ and ‘let’s do’ company culture in which learning and development are highly stimulated?
Are you ready for an interesting and challenging function in a growing international environment?
Then Facil is the company for you!
Besides an international atmosphere with lots of growing opportunity Facil offers a training program based upon your individual competences.
An attractive remuneration package is available and we are interested in talking to ambitious and suitable candidates.
To apply, please submit and send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org