Facil Engineering Services is currently looking for a Fastener Engineer in Portland (OR), to support the Engineering team.
Are you keen to support the development of automotive parts? Do you have a strong desire to assist in the launch of new automotive prototypes and vehicle launches? Eager to follow up on the actual production line of trucks at the large OEM companies of North America? Join us!
As a “Fasteneer” in our international team, you will be the central point of contact for our internal and external customers. You will provide support to them for all of their fastener related issues and assist in solving joint problems. Being embedded within the customer’s engineering team inside the headquarters of the customer, your efforts will provide direct and ongoing support to all fastener related programs and projects. Together, you will develop new fastener applications and look for innovative solutions. You will also help the customer reach their technical objectives and follow up thoroughly on the fastener release process. Proposals for improvement like an advanced bill of material, standardization possibilities and technical cost reductions are key responsibilities. Coordinating and supporting line walks and best in class problem solving are other key elements of your role.
You will be a true project leader who coordinates and ensures that all launches and projects proceed as scheduled. More importantly, you are the “engineering face to the customer”. And… at Facil, we are ONE TEAM! Which means you are also happy to support our other departments, Facil processes, tools and systems with your technical expertise.
You will report directly to our North American Engineering Manager who is based in the Facil North America’s HQs in Twinsburg (OH) and you will work together with international colleagues and other large OEMs.
- Master or bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or equal by experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in engineering, preferably in the automotive sector
- First experience in project management
- Knowledge of fasteners and the automotive quality standards (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, G8D) is a plus
- CAD knowledge is a plus
- Experience in working in cross functional international teams is a plus
- Good organizational, time management, risk management and decision-making skills
- Commercial skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player & ability to work independently
- Used to working with deadlines & flexible mind-set
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Flexible in work time and prepared to travel (>10%)
Are you interested in working and growing in an international environment?
Facil is the company for you!
Besides an international atmosphere with lots of growing opportunity, Facil offers a training program based upon your individual competences.
An attractive remuneration package is available and we are interested in talking to ambitious and suitable candidates.
To apply, please submit and send your updated CV, mentioning the function you are applying for, to email@example.com