Facil is excited to grow our actual business in North America with a major new customer and therefore is looking for a Fastener Engineer to support our Engineering team in serving a new customer in Ohio and Illinois, NA.
Are you interested in the development of automotive parts? Have you always wanted to assist in the launch of new automotive prototypes? Are you eager to provide onsite support at the actual production lines of cars and trucks at Global Automotive and Commercial Vehicle OEMs? Then join us!
As a “Fasteneer” in our international team, you are the central point of contact for our internal and external customers. You support them in all of their fastener related issues, needs, and assist in solving joint problems. In this role you are the engineering face-to-the-customer both in the customer plant in Ohio and at the Illinois-based customer headquarters. Together with the customer, you will develop new fastener applications and identify innovative solutions. With your help and guidance, you will aid the customer in reaching their technical objectives and provide support in their fastener release process. Proposals for improvement like an advanced bill of material, standardization possibilities and technical cost reductions are key performance indicators for the team. As the lead VA/VE (Value Analysis/Value Engineering) engineer, it will be your responsibility to lead cost reduction idea generation line walks, create best in class fixing concepts, and turn these ideas and concepts into projects via collaboration with product development engineers and buyers at the customer’s headquarter. With strong and effective project management skills, you will lead the implementation of these projects within Facil, the customer’s headquarters and in the customer’s production plants.
You will be coordinating projects and ensuring that all launches and projects proceed as scheduled. And… at Facil, we are ONE TEAM! Which means you are also happy and willing to support our other departments and to improve Facil processes, tools and systems with your technical expertise.
You will report directly to our Engineering Manager NA who is based in the Facil North America’s HQs located in Twinsburg (OH) and you will work together with international colleagues and large OEMs.
- Masters or bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or equal by experience
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in engineering, preferably in the automotive sector
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of fasteners and the automotive quality standards (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, G8D) is a plus
- CAD knowledge is a plus
- Experience in working in cross functional international teams is a plus
- Strong organizational, time management, risk management and decision-making skills a must
- Commercial skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to act as engineering face-to-the-customer
- Team player & ability to work independently
- Used to working with deadlines & flexible mind-set
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Flexible in work time and prepared to travel between Illinois and Ohio on a regular base
Are you interested in working and growing in an international environment?
Then Facil is the company for you!
Besides an international atmosphere with lots of growing opportunity, Facil offers a training program based upon your individual competences.
An attractive remuneration package is available and we are interested in talking to ambitious and suitable candidates.
To apply, please submit and send your updated CV, mentioning the function you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org