Facil is excited to grow our actual business in North America with a major new customer and therefore is looking for a Fastener Engineer / Quality coordinator to support our FSP Operations team in our new branch in Escobedo, Mexico.
As a Fastener Engineer / Quality Coordinator you will be the quality and engineering face-to-the-customer for the Escobedo location. You will coordinate and support all fastener related issues and assist the customers in solving application issues on the production lines. You will coordinate the customers’ fastener releasing processes such as functional builds. You will be responsible for leading the local value analysis/value engineering (VA/VE) initiatives with the customers with a focus on technical cost reductions. You will also coordinate and execute cost reduction idea generation line walks, part development and best in class fixing concepts, and help promote new fastener technologies.
Your responsibilities will include leading the quality problem solving process via the 8D-methodology and you will act as quality liaison between suppliers and customers. The supervision and management of the responsibilities of the Quality Inspectors is another one of your tasks. This includes managing aby rework and scrapping of non-conforming products, supporting the internal audit process and performing supplier audits.
You will report directly to the Branch Manager of the Escobedo location and functionally to the Engineering Manager NA and Quality Manager NA who are based in the Facil North America’s HQs in Twinsburg (OH). In addition, you will collaborate and work together with international colleagues and other large OEMs.
- Master or minimum Bachelor’s degree with a technical background or equal by experience
- Experience in the automotive sector and/or knowledge of fasteners is a plus
- Experience with internal and external audits is a plus
- Good mechanical and/or material knowledge is required
- Strong knowledge of automotive quality processes and tools (PPAP-G8D-FMEA)
- Knowledge of relevant quality standards and the company management system (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001 and others where applicable)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Hands-on mentality and stress resistant
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability and drive to work independently
- High quality mindset and customer focus
- Pro-active and solution oriented
- Good spoken and written knowledge of English
Does working for a young, dynamic company attract you?
Does solving technical issues and customer interaction excite you?
Then this is the perfect job for you!
Besides an international atmosphere with lots of growing opportunities, Facil offers a training program based upon your individual competences and an attractive remuneration package.
We are interested in talking to ambitious and suitable candidates.
To apply, please submit and send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org